::: Welcome ::

Lonely Easter

19 April, 2007 | Written by Patchay at 4:46 PM in ,

Easter this year falls on the 18th of April. If you don't know Easter is Very Big, Very Celebrated Festival here in Australia.

I can see the heavenly morning light!

Like previous Easter Sunday mornings, I'll wake up early to attend church service. True enough, my church was pretty empty from the usual buzz as more than 300 people had left for Oceania Conference in Melbourne.

One of UQ CityCat Pier

After service, some cell-group mates (Judah 5) and Me decided to take a 'CityCat' ferry to downtown Brisbane.

Perhaps the girls want to do some shopping and the guys, as usual, will stand behind them wherever they go.

Mini Golden Gate on campus

I felt that the weather today would be extremely good to go swimming or play soccer. Well, I thought shopping was a good idea too as less people will roam the streets during Easter holidays.

AUD$8.50 = RM24.70 ... ok?

We arrived in downtown after 1.00pm, walked across a few streets, then took a bus to Chinatown in Fortitude Valley area.

By then my stomach was already rumbling. As soon as we got off the bus, we went into a Chinese restaurant and ordered individual meals. My plate of Roasted Pork Rice (Char Siew Fan) was not too bad.

The Aussie way of doing things...

After lunch, a smooth bus ride back to our respective homes. In the bus, I kept on yawning; so a good nap this afternoon would probably refresh Me again.

And as I was nearing my College entrance, I saw the above ! WTF

That's my room amongst others

By 7pm, the sky turned completely dark. Looks like I'm the only person in my College Wing tonight. I started feeling sooooo lonely, and yet I was contented with what I did today!

Tags: , , and .

6 Comments:

  1. cHrIstInA_YY on April 21, 2007 2:49 AM

    *jaws drop on da flr* RM24.70 ? swt... when i get there, i really should buy fresh materials n cook better than eat outside

     
  2. Mischique on April 21, 2007 3:11 AM

    Argh..I just came from Christina's blog and she featured food too..and now the CharSiew rice! I'm so hungweeeeee!!!

     
  3. Patchay on April 22, 2007 9:52 PM

    [Christina YY]

    Be prepared for those kinda price after conversion!

    Usually if eat outside, the cheapest any meal would be around AUD$6 and above, that would mean RM19 or so ..

    Yeah buying ur own groceries is so so much cheaper..some gals tell me AUD$50 can last 3 weeks or so .. lol I wonder wat they buy haha?

    [Mischique] Hahaha ... but very little char siew chap ... dry liao. The char siew is really big portion!

     
  4. Sue Lin on May 05, 2007 7:53 PM

    HAHAHA, u do the converting thing on ur blog too???

    Yay i'm not d only one. Really envy those ppl whose 'life in Aust' blogs makes no conversion at all, just all about the fun fun fun they have.

    And try cooking ur own char siew! I did, not baddddd! Just get the marinate from some Asian grocery shop and by the pork! Follow instructions

     
  5. Sue Lin on May 05, 2007 9:12 PM

    $50 for three weeks? they diet like mad is it? But raw veggie also also not cheap

     
  6. Patchay on May 06, 2007 9:22 PM

    My college here dont allow us to cook. You know, everything should be provided for already.

    Serious I dont know what they buy with 50 bucks... maybe they rarely eat? haha... maybe 50 bucks for about 2 weeks ok rite?

     
Related Posts with Thumbnails


Latest Posts

Comments


iFollowers

Archive

Pageviews

From Jun'10 to 31 Dec'13: 861,805

Locations of Visitors to this Site

Guest(s) Currently Online

Breast and Cervical Cancer Awareness Campaign at National Cancer Society Malaysia

Global Voices: The World is Talking, Are You Listening?